Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Shock and Awe

Yesterday Steven lost his job. I am still in shock. One moment we were fine. Not richer certainly, by any means. But we were making it. And in a split second everything has changed. To be quite honest I dont know what we'll do.

He worked for a local builder's supply warehouse. For three years, with not a single complaint. Not anything, no warning. He got nothing but repeated promotions and raises.He had nearly perfect attendance.In fact he was promised a raise recently. Then suddenly yesterday he was let go for "poor work". Something is fishy... espcially since a family member was brought in creating a downward shift with other employees with more seniority on the very same day.

It seems espcially harsh, it being 3 weeks from Christmas and us having kids. Before now this just wasnt a company that would do something like this. It just doesnt make sense. Certainly has put me into a tailspin.

Weve warned Dalon's Mom that I may have to look for another situtation. My keeping him isnt very profitable. It was more a labor of love than a financial thing. But now knowing the local economy, I'll likely have to go to work. I hate the idea of sending Dalton to a daycare, but I have to think of my own family.

Thank God for my parents. I know that it will put them into more than a bind, but my Dad, like always is saying in his way "dont worry, I got this." I dont know how. Luckily our bills arent a lot in the scheme of things.. although at this point any cost at all seems daunting.

I'm scared.Everyone's first reaction has been "God will take care of you" or "Everything is going to be ok". Ive said it to others in my siutaion, but to be honest it doesnt help a bit.When what you really want to do is curl into a fetal position and rock. Im trying to rely on God, trust and rest in Him knowing that he is in control. It's much harder than it looks.

3 comments:

The_Sphinx said...

Wow,ok Michele,i am not sure what to say thats harsh,and it sucks you know.I have no clue what to say.I will send postive energy,and i am here if you need to talk for what good it does.If things get desperate they are hiring here where i work,i could put in a good word.I am sorry michele i hatei t when bad stuff happens to good people.

Brian Rhodes said...

I'm praying for you girl. It's easy for someone to say everything will be fine when they're not the ones going through it. Maybe God had to get rid of this job so he could give him a better one.

HIS ways are higher than our ways. HIS thoughts are higher than our thoughts. If you need anything, let me know. You're in our thoughts and prayers.

Michele said...

Things are ok.. things are ok.. things are ok. Its my mantra. its all I really have right now. My Dad is being awesome as usual.

It could be much worse. We could have had a 20 foot storm sugre ride through our house... Its all your perspective. I just have to remember, that a door does not close where a window does not open.
I still want to scream into my pillow though.