Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Movie review "Finding Neverland"

Now that I have recieved my first netflix movies.. I will be writing little mini-reviews for your reading enjoyment. I know youll be SO glad!

Finding Neverland -Johnny Depp, Kate Winslett, Dustin Hoffman

OOooo this was a good movie. This is the story of the writing of JM Barrie's "Peter Pan". And the love story involved. I dont usually like romances.. sticky gooey ones that is. But this was so well written... and really wasnt so concentrated on the moosh. It folled Mr Barrie and his friendship with 4 boys as they grieve for thier dead father and one magical summer... in the midst of it you know He is falling in love with thier mother, but its so subtle that you are surprised by it in the end.
Johnny Depp is HOT HOT HOT as usual. I love the Scottish accent he puts on in this film.. unfortunatly I just couldnt get Captain Jack Sparrow ( Pirates of the Carribean) out of my head. I kept expecting him to become a corpse or something.
Kate Winslett was gorgeous.. a typical english rose and played a wonderful part.
I did not however like Dustin Hoffman in this role... he played Mr Barrie's benefactor and play producer who had this phantom english accent that came and went at will.. REALLY annoying.
However it wasnt annoying enough to detract from this beutiful movie.
All in all 4 stars!

1 comment:

The_Sphinx said...

Depp is awesome in anything ,i loved him in charlie and the choclate factory and his voice over in corpse bride (oh emily i love you)) depp is the man.