Monday, November 07, 2005

Shower preparation

Tonights Dinner Menu- Tuna Noodle Casserole with Grean Peas, Green salad Cheesy French Bread

I am throwing my friend Tiffany a bridal shower. The guy she is marrying hasnt always been very nice to her.. and I am a little worried about thier future. Along with every one else in her life. But I couldnt stand the thought of her not having a bridal shower.So that will be keeping me very very busy this week. I am doing all of the cooking myself. This is the first time I have done anything like this for people here in SC. In Alaska I was always throwing little parties and threw a shower for my cousin, and several friends when they either had babies or got married... still I cant help feeling a little nervous.

This is my menu

chicken swiss wreaths
artichoke dip with crudite
mexican layer dip with tortilla chips
pina colada cupcakes
chocolate cupcakes
sangria style punch

Im not planning to much as far as games.. just going to have her fiance fill out a questionaire and she has to answer the same questions we asked him, for every question she gets wrong she has to put a piece of gum in her mouth... usually turns out pretty funny.. it did when I did it at my shower. Maybe one more with a prize for the guests.. we'll see if I can think of anything. Anyone have any ideas?

2 comments:

The_Sphinx said...

AH games how fun,
Ok the clothes pin game is always good you know,where each lady starts out with one and through the course of the party if you catch some one crossing their legs you can take theirs but if you are caught crossing yours you can have yours taken at the end the one with the most wins a prize.

You can make this board with a border relating to marriage and such and every one writes there advice to the couple to ensure a happy marriage,and then you read them out loud and every one tries to guess who said what then you post them on the board and the bride can keep it for a keep sake.

You take a tray and put 10-20 items on it they should relate to love marriage etc and you keep it covered,let everyone see it for 10-15 seconds who ever remembers hte most wins.

You can asked triva relating to the bride or groom,like where did so and so meet where are they honey mooning what ever if every one dosen't know alot,you can have the bride share a brief story of it and then ask the questions.

Ok so i like games so sue me,

oh i know you could have all the single women compete for a date with me,hey it comes with two free nights in myrtle beach,it works for me any way ok i am out over and under

Michele said...

woah.. have you been to to a lot of bridal showers?

You wouldnt be into THESE ladies.. mostly older grannies, married housewives, and bitter dillonites YIKES!

Good ideads though. I liked them! Im set for games now! YAHOO for YOU!