Monday, November 21, 2005

Time Flies (LONG!)

Time is going by sooo fast. I cant believe that I am blogging ANOTHER weekend!

We had a VERY busy weekend. As most of you know we have been preparing for the wedding of Tiffany and Jamie (The little mans's parents.) The past few weeks have been full of all the little details that make weddings stressful.For me, that meant addressing the invitations (I can do calligraphy.) Decorating the programs (punching holes and tying ribbons on 100 programs)and making 400 peanutbutter balls.

Friday evening was the rehearsal and was full of the usual madness and disoragnization.But thankfully it only lasted 2 hours. Almost one whole hour was wasted waiting for someone who was LATE. (grr)After we rehearsed the wedding and Thing 2 as flower girl did her adorable stuff we went for dinner as a group to B&C Steakhouse.As someone who enjoys side dishes more than the actual main course this was the place for me. The side dishes there are fantastic.. but the main courses (chicken,meatloaf or porkchops) werent that great. But we had a nice evening and no one was fighting, and since this was a family affiar that was encouraging.

Afterward on our way home we came upon an accident scene. It happened right in front of us.One car t-boned another as it made its way through an intersection. As someone with a medical license (I have a medical assistant license and an advanced cpr license that is registered with the Dillon County emt as an advanced responder, my number is listed as a volunteer reponder should a major incident occur. I could take it a step further and become a volunteer emt, but since I dont drive, that could be hard) I am always leary of assisting at accident scenes when we come upon them, and it happens more than you would think. Reasons being.

#1. Once providing care for anyone on the scene I am not released to leave until the first EMT on scene clears me to leave, wich can take a long time, usually after all MPI are removed from the scene.
#2. If anything were to happen, (like someone I am working on DIES) I could be held responsible by the persons family, and I dont have insurance like the emt would..
#3. I am usually reposnible to make a report to the police.

However I usually try to help if I can. This time no one was hurt very badly, just scared mostly. I was able to secure the passengers in one car and gave the report to the emts when they arrived. Its a rush, and makes me want to get certified as an emt or finish my nursing degree or something. I DO have to remember to get some gloves and leave them in the car, because after leaving I found I had blood all over my hands... wich in this day and times isnt a good idea.

Saturday was a busy morning and 1:00 came very quickly. It was my job to wrangle Dalton and to help where ever I could help. I ended up spending the better part of an hour trying to wrestle an angry Little man into a tuxedo and try to keep him from tearing the place apart.It was like trying to dress an angry squid. He suddenly had 12 arms and 25 legs. He did a move I can only associate with a wet noodle and refused to be cajoled into any sense of cooperation whatsoever. I ran chasing him down the hall bow tie and left sock and shoe in hand, much to the delight and amusement of all onlookers.
The Little Man, who had been under the care of his father that morning was unusally surley. I was not aware, but someone had neglected to feed the poor child any lunch. It was now 3 pm and the wedding was ready to begin. But Dalton, who had been harrassed and squished into a full tuxedo was not in any mood for ringbearing duties or anything else other than throwing himself on the floor and screaming. Wich he did to the delight of the photographer. (Im sure he'll love THOSE pictures when he is 16!)
Finally after being bribed with promises of cookies and all manner of other treats he walked in his silly little boy gait down the aisle promptly handed his decorated pillow to Thing 1 who sat about midway down the aisle and was the delight of the whole wedding party when he ran haphazardly about the stage, even allowing the minister to remove him from the stairs behind him.

Thing 2 was picture perfect as a flowergirl. She took her duties very seriously and stood picture still through the entire sevice. I was so proud. whatsmore she was SO cute :)I'll post some pics as soon as I find the digital camera.

Sunday was quiet. I skipped am service since my back was killing me from to much detail work the week before. I made a huge pot of soup to take to the church supper. It was nice. We sat with Aunt Allie and her kids and talked about thanksgiving plans.

Yay for monday! Im beat!

No comments: