Monday, November 28, 2005

In Other News



My five year old is a follower. I am rather disapointed. Personally? I am/was a leader. I didnt follow fashion "rules" (Except pegged stoned washed jeans and BIG bangs in the 8th grade... but what can you do?) and I tend not care much about what others think of me. Caitlin however does. She is VERY concerned with what others think of her. For example. Yesterday she wore an old beat up cowboy hat of my sister's around the house all day long. It was adorable and she begged me to allow her to wear it to the christmas play practice she had to go to last evening. After much harrangig and begging I finally submitted and allowed her to wear the silly thing. She was very pleased with herself. UNTIL it came time to get out of the car. Last minute she lost her nerve and said "Taylor and Tori will think I am a dork." and with that the beloved hat was left in the backseat of the car. I am sad. Were it me? I might have wanted to carry along my broomstick horse.

In other news.. A funny thing happened at Walmart. Today I was in my natural habitat looking for some yarn to finish off yet another crochet project, when I noticed a woman. Short of stature, she was having difficulty reaching an item on an upper shelf. It being the holiday season, and me being tall of stature, I walk over and reach for her item. As I reach, in a friendly gesture I place my hand on her arm. Imagine my shock and horror as her ARM COMES OFF IN MY HAND. She had a prosthesis. And not a very good one at that. We just stood there looking at eachother. She in amusement at my horror and I in total shock. I completely lacked the proper ettiquite for this situation. Do I allow the arm to drop? Do I further assist her by attempting to re-attatch the arm? Thankfully at that exact moment Dalton who had been observing all of this from his spot in the buggy, noticed that he could reach a display of holiday cookie cutters and was launching them over his head and onto the floor. I love that kid.

2 comments:

Brian Rhodes said...

That would on happen in the big city of Dillon. That's hillarious!!!!!!!

Just remember too, it's okay to be a follower if you're following the right person.

The_Sphinx said...

Thats so Darrell? Jealous for my sake Interesting highly interesting.See now i think you handled it beautifully i would have been everything worse by saying something stupid with out meaning to like let me give you a hand.three cheers for dalton the hurler of the cookie cutters.