Tuesday, November 01, 2005

halloween, conflict, and blogs in general

Halloween was so fun. Caitlin ended up dressing as the most adorable cat.. and Jasmin looked all to grown up as a princess. probably her last year dressing up :( We trick or treated in nearby Latta and then hit all the usual suspects here in Dillon. They got a huge cache of candy and we got to see my brother in law and my nieces wich we havent seen in weeks and weeks. AND my kids finally conqured the big red house... there is a family in town that takes Halloween VERY seriously and decorates and dresses up and their house is SCARY. Creepy music and guys that jump out at you from dark bushes and all. Every year they both begged to go to the house only to chicken out by the time we got out of the car... but no more! This year both girls, while a little knock kneed and shakey.. managed to make it to the door retrieve thier candy and high tale it out of there without bursting into tears. My babies are growing up!

Today after school Im sure the trading will get intense, My cousins little girl (who's parents I am begining to suspect of supplementing the trick or treat candy with store bought... NO one gets THAT much candy) will be here and has promissed much good trade :). Caitlin is still learning the concept of TRADE.. not rape and pilage. Jasmin has been so patient to teach her.. and in my opinion allows herslef to be taken to the bank... either that or she is a terrible trader and will NOT be my shopping buddy in a mexican bazar!

****We interupt your normally scheduled programing for this rant.*****

I have learned FINALLY a very valuable lesson. From this day forward I will NOT argue with Steven in the pressence of my mother. She will every time take his side. No matter what I am wrong. She says she is playing devils advocate? BULL POOOP. Im tired of it. Last night I made potato soup before we left to go trick or treating.. and put vegetables in it. I am aware that my husband does not eat them.. but my children are learning to and need them to be healthy little soldiers. He made some terrible comment about him not eating the soup because it was CRAP... I of course was hurt and angry. It literally took me hours to make it.. between the peeling, the chopping, the frying and the simmering... If he wants to stay home and cook all day LET HIM. My feelings were damaged. I would have been over it very quickly. HOWEVER my mother HAD to make a comment and make ME the bad guy responsible for HIM hurting my feelings. To the effect of "You should know better". Shouldnt she be taking MY side? Arent I her DAUGHTER? He hurt ME. He was mean to ME. I am over the actual situation now.. but the lesson was sharp.

I didnt think Id have to go here.. but here it is. I write this blog as an outlet and as a commentary on my life.MY interpetation of MY life. Kind of like a diary.. only more public. I say what I am feeling and thinking about. I dont feel that I am mean spirited nor do I divulge super private things. I dont name names and I dont list addresses. If you are offended by something I say..Im not sorry. If you dont want to know what I think.. dont read.

*** now back to your regularly scheduled programing.****

According to the website, my first netflix movies should be here either today or in the next few days... Hooray.. maybe this afternoon Ill be watching Finding Neverland or something equally as interesting.. one can only watch the Harry Potter movies so many times.

No comments: