Sunday, November 06, 2005

weekend news

From now on I will be posting my dinner menu for the day as I usually blog daily... a friend requested this so she could get ideas for her new little family (she is a new wife and soon to be mama congrats Shannon!) I dont find anything I do tooo inventive or exiting, but you asked.. so your wish is my command. If there is an unusual or fun recipe or something I think might need explaining Ill post it separately. :)

Tonights Dinner

Marinated Roasted Chicken, Cheesy corn casserole, tomatoes and rice, green beans.

weekend news

I have discovered what I think may save my relationship with my soon to be teenaged stepdaughter.We have been having clothing "discussions". She is now at an age where clthing designers and labels are begining to matter to her.. I discovered this the other day when I found her clipping the "Wally-world" brand name off of her jeans. When I inquired as to why she was doing this (the fact that she was trying to do this WITH THE JEANS ON HER BODY may have been the reason I noticed her in the first place.. what do you think?)She replied that she didnt want everyone to know she wore "Brand X super saver Jeans"

I inwardly groaned. I am not so old that I dont remember DESPARATLY wanting a pair of purple, stonewashed, tapered "Jordache jeans"... and having to wear "HUSKY GIRL" dark blue, weatern cut jeans from Sears. Jordache just didnt make clothes in "HUSKY" size. Whatsmore, even if they had my mother wouldnt have been dumb enough to spend $60 on a pair of jeans I'd have eaten my way out of in a half hour.

I am sympathetic to her. I probably WOULD buy Lei or whatever brand jeans that she would find more acceptable.. If we could afford it. We live in a much "chunkier" world than we did when I was 11. There are WAY more cute clothes available to the above average sized child. But I dont believe in going into debt to buy school clothes or christmas presents.. and there was no way I could buy them

UNTIL NOW

I have discovered Rugged Wearhouse. They are located in Florence in the same strip mall with Books A Millon. They have brand name seconds... literally every major brand name that youd find at Belk or BC Moores.. just at Wally-world prices! I was tickled pink. For her birthday I bought her a pair of LEI jeans, 2 sweaters, a DKNY top, and a long sleeved polo for (drumroll please!) $30!!! They ARE seconds.. some have flaws or are just an unpopular style. But if you are patient and shop carefully you can get some fantastic deals YAY ME!

AS far as the rest of the weekend it was pretty normal. Met friends for dinner at IHOP. They have a really fantastic salad menu there. I had a spinach club.. very tasty. Chicken strips, bacon, tomato, cucumber,and baby spinach. Before you applaud my healthy food choice I will admit I ate Steven's pancakes. :)
And then we went to chat at Books a Million and swill coffee. Steven tried a Fruit Smoothie and had a "pear" I was very enjoyable (I always eat and drink what he ordered.. we co-eat. It works very well. He eats what I leave and I taste his food to make sure its enjoyable before he tries it)

anywho.. gotta get these kiddos fed and into bed.

another week.... ya stinking hoo

No comments: