Wednesday, November 16, 2005

God Bless the Broken Road

Rascal Flatts - Bless The Broken Road
I set out on a narrow way many years ago
Hoping I would find true love along the broken road
But I got lost a time or two
Wiped my brow and kept pushing through
I couldn't see how every sign pointed straight to you
Every long lost dream lead me to where you are
Others who broke my heart they were like northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you

I think about the years I spent just passing through
I'd like to have the time I lost and give it back to you
But you just smile and take my hand
You've been there you understand
It's all part of a grander plan that is coming true

Every long lost dream lead me to where you are
Others who broke my heart they were like northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you

I dont usually wax sentimental or mushy.. but today I was thinking about my husband. We both came a long way to find eachother.. me from Alaska and from bad relationship after bad relationship. He from a terrible marriage and a broken heart. We met online after he responded to a personal add I was forced to place after losing a bet. I was seeing someone, an older guy (40 in fact!) and not going anywhere. He bought a computer and was browsing online and found my add. I had placed it under "Florence" lying to conceal my identity in a small town.We chatted and found that we had so much in common we decided to meet, only to find that we lived a few blocks from one another.It took us only one date to know that we had found what we were looking for in all the wrong places.

For reasons Ill never know, He is so good to me. He calls me "beautiful" out of habit, and compliments my appearance, even though Im sure that my "domestic technician" outfits are less than sexy.He loves me nearly unconditionaly (no one loves us COMPLETELY unconditionaly except the Lord)He allows my travel adiction and even puts up with bianual trips to Disney World when he doesnt like thrill rides.He works very hard every single day... and loves that I can be home with our kids.

This week I managed to bounce 4 checks. Yup count em! FOUR! The bank paisd them thankfully, but charges $30 a pop that meant $120 in bank fees. putting us into debt when we have worked all year not to acrue any more debt than we already had.He was MAD, but didnt yell or want to fight over it. He just shrugged and said "its just money, I know you didnt mean to, we'l figure it out." I didnt know how to handle it.(I secretly wondered what he had done that allowed me such a screw up!) How wonderful was that?

I love that man of mine. Just wanted to speak it.

2 comments:

Brian Rhodes said...

LOVE THAT SONG!!!!!!! Makes me wanna cry sometimes.

Michele said...

yeah me to. It says exactly what I mean. Its not often that someone writes a song that says something that hits home in quite the way that one does...I came down way to many broken roads to get to where I am.