Thursday, December 01, 2005

"Please Sir, Could I have some more?"

And the thunder rolls. I dont want to be a downer on anyone's holiday cheer... but things are sucking pretty bad around here.

Yesterday Steven and I went around and did all the "things" you do when you get totally sacked from a really decent job for no good reason. We sat in a creepy smokey unemployment office with all these wierd jobless people. FOR 3 HOURS! I had Dalton with me and I was afraid to put him down in fear he would contract... somthing gross.

We had planned to go to DSS and beg for some foodstamps, but by the time we got out of hell.. er the unemployment office they had begun thier daily afternoon siesta over there (Who, besides government workers gets a 2 hour lunch?) And Dalton was THROUGH with waiting in creepy humiliating offices.

So we took the boy home and let HIM enjoy HIS siesta. THEN THIS

I have been having some wierd girly problems. I wont go into detail for the sake of our male readers.. but I'll tell you something was/is not right. You know when you think to yourself. "Self, this cant be good."? I was there. I had been in pretty considerable pain since early monday.. and then the boobs over at Blanton decided to screw with my life and I decided to ignore it, and frankly I'd been doing a darn fine job of it. But yesterday afternoon things got REALLY odd.. and very painful when I bent over to pick up legos (Its my constant job, at any given time you could walk into my livingroom and find large duplo legos. At least one or two.) I got a shooting pain in my middle and it would not go away. It settled to a nasty achey thing...radiating from my middle and wandering around to my lower back and scooting down my left leg. but didnt get better.

By the time we got back from the teen wrangling rodeo (steven and I do security for our Youth ministry at church, and they are honestly like herding cows.. they wander from the herd and get lost in pairs in dark alleys) I was miserable. So miserable in fact I was willing to allow Steven to take me to the ER.. with (GASP!) no health insurance.

We went to Mcleod Regional in Florence. Frankly, the ER in Dillon scares the bejesus out of me.They cant be trusted.. whatsmore the wait was like 4 hours JUST TO BE TRIAGED! We didnt have to wait that long at Mcleod florence, Thank goodness. So anyway. Details aside I have a cyst on my left ovary and it is likey to disolve on its own in a few days. They loaded me up with pain killers (yay for percoset and valium!) and sent me on my merry way... at nearly 4 am.

I will tell one funny story though. I was laying in a puddle (not literaly, just feeling like one) on a very comfortable bed wrapped in warmed blankets and sipping my crushed ice and apple juice. I had been given some wonderful earth moving shot that was taking away all the pain AND helping to disvole my cyst. When the nurse came in and told me. "Dr HYMEN will be in to give you a pelvic exam in just a minute." She didnt even blink. I asked DR HYMEN? I snorted apple juice. If you dont understand why this is so funny, email me privately and I will explain it to you.

anyway, feeling much better today.. but I wonder.. what else?

1 comment:

The_Sphinx said...

poor baby,i am so sorry you are sick on top of everything else.If there is anything i can do just say the word.