Monday, December 05, 2005

back in the saddle again


4 dozen cookies to send to Alaska


I am back in the Yule Tide saddle so to speak. I havent been much in the mood since Steven's sudden unemployment. But I am making myself get over it and act semi-normal (as normal as I can act anyway) Today I found an all Christmas all the time radio station (92.1 FM for those of you in this area) and baked 4 dozen cutout sugar cookies. Some to send to Alaska and our far away family (my baby sister and one of my favorite Aunts and her boys..and my coming niece.!)

I will add frosting to them later tonight.. and probably half of the day tommorow. I dont do fancy decorations, but they'll taste yummy...

This sunday is our choir's Christmas Contata "The Chirstmas Shoes" We had our first run through yesterday. It was a little scary. I admire our music director for his courage... and for his faith in us. The music part is going pretty well... we sound passable, but the logistics part is frightening. It was amusing yesterday to watch people who have little to no theatical experience try to understand why we were trucking in and out of the sanctuary. I'm sure that in the end everything will be ok... but its amusing nonetheless.

I have a friend who works at a hotel in Myrtle Beach as a night auditor. I am not aware of all of the details but sometime Saturday night some people came in and beat them with a pipe. My friend survived, but was left with some head damage. Can you say ouch? The carnage was caught on survellience video, so hopefully that will help the police catch them. If it were you, would you be able to go back to your job on third shift? I dunno.. although Id be scared scared scared. The job market is soooo bad, Id be more afraid of being unemployed... oh wait we ARE unemployed. I cant decide what is more scary!

No comments: