Tuesday, December 20, 2005

i aint afriad of no food stamps


yay for south carolina food stamps


Thank god. South Carolina DSS finally came through with some food stamps. Some people might be ashamed to need some help.. but I figure, that's why it's there. I mean the REAL reason why it's there. To give a helping hand to a hard working family, that has had something lame happen... not to finance steak dinners for crack ho's in trailer parks. Id been fighting DSS to get everything taken care of.. they need everything from check stubbs to blood samples (not really.. but practically) But this morning when I checked my available balance it read. " A whole bunch of free money for food!"

So as soon as the tricycle motors were off to school we bundled up Dalton and went to Bi-lo. Somehow THIS kind of grocery shopping is funner than the other kind... I mean where you have to worry about having enough money to also pay the rent and get gas for bessie (our car).All you have to think about is making the green card stretch through the month. fun stuff.

I also found myself buying things I dont usually make allowances for... for example

a fresh pineapple- steven loves them.. but at $5 a pop I dont usually indulge him.

lemons- I love fresh lemon in my tea, iced and hot. but again.. a want not a need.

name brand chips- I know its basically the same thing.. but there is a HUGE price difference... but today? actual Doritos and Cape cod Kettle chips

Rye Bread- I dont like wonderbread.. or merita or whatever the gross stuffs name brand is here. GROSS!!! And since I am the only one who feels this way.. I usually dont eat sandwiches. But mmmm mmmm I had a turkey and swiss on rye bread for lunch today.. it was nearly heaven.

Im sorry Brian if there is to much food in this post.. but I was just so exited about having a full fridge and having so many options when it comes to cooking dinner tonight... wich by the way will be fettucini alfredo,salad, and french bread.

1 comment:

Brian Rhodes said...

You kill me!!!!!