Monday, July 24, 2006

chicken delight, fire, and Kidney infections

OHHHHH my goodness. Zaxby's (If you are not aware of Zaxby's it is a casual chicken resturant that serves hot wings and chicken fingers. They have crushed ice and serve really good garlic toast) has a new delight that makes me so stinking happy that I can almost not even stand it.

Sweet and Spicy Boneless Wings.

They are a whole mouthful of sticky sweet thai tasting yumminess.
They have big chucks of garlic and crushed red pepper and something nutty like peanuts.

And the fact that I went out in a storm to get them is proof that television advertising totally works.

Moving along... there was a fire in Dillon last night. A big one. This town is pretty old and most of the buildings are older than that, and a really big warehouse was struck by lightening last night and burned to the ground. You could see the smoke and flames for miles. It even knocked out power to most of the town. Starved for entertainment that we are, we drove on over to see what the heck was burning. A lot of other people had the same idea. It made me kind of sad.. not because an old historic building was burning, but because I was pretty entertained by watching it. I gotta get out of this place.

It was however the first time I'd been out of the house in days. I have a UTI AND a kidney infection. I didnt even sense it sneaking up on me. With everything that was going on last week between the baby and all, I thought I was just tired and achy from not sleeping. But turns out I was/am sick. I felt crampy and wierd on saturday, and by the time Steven got home at 12 I was in major pain. So, being that I dont have health insurance,and I totally felt like spending a few hundred bucks, we went to the local ER. Luckily they werent busy at all and saw me right away. I wont go into gross detail, but let me tell you, a catheterization when you have a UTI hurts like nothing youd care to imagine. They gave me some meds and I went on my way. They arent working. Even a little. So I applied to a local low income clinic, was approved, and they will thankfully see me tommorow. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Brian Rhodes said...

Girl......it was sad that we all went to go see it. Are you sure it lightning or did someone set that fire. There was one in Florence the SAME night. Sorry to hear about the infection thing. I hope it gets better. I had to take Jennifer to the ER on Monday morning around 2:30AM. She was puking her guts out and almost passed out. The simple fact that she asked me to go take her to the hospital was a HUGE thing. That's just not something we do. The doctor said, "Welcome to the newest strand of the Stomach Flu." I was like, GREAT, now I'm gonna get it. So......I'm sitting in Indiana at General Assembly while she's at her parents housed getting nursed back to health.

I agree with you on the fostering thing. I don't think I could do that either. Gotta jet. See ya Sunday.