Tuesday, July 11, 2006

visiting old friends

I love to read. I like pretty much all books. I always have. When I was a kid my vocabulary was always advanced because I read books that were too old for me. Ive worked in several bookstores and would again if trasportation wasnt an issue. If Dillon ever gets a good bookstore. Ill be all over working there!

What I like best is re-reading old favorites. This week I have pulled out a favorite series of fantasy books. The Belgariad by David Eddings. Its an allegory (a story that losely follows biblical themes)and I love it. Its all about an ordinary boy who discovers through a fantasical epic adventure that he is not an ordinary boy but the man who will save the world. Its so great. Its like eating macaroni and cheese or meatloaf and mashed potatoes. Comfort food. I am in a happy place this week. So be very quiet and dont try to send me any bad news! ;)

No comments: