Sunday, July 16, 2006

hot hot hot

Ohhh my gosh. It is soooo sooo hot. THIS is why I suggest moving to Alaska every spring. "I hate the hot. I hate the heat. I hate sweating. Lets move to Alaska" I say it every spring as it begins the steady uphill temp climb. But then I survive, and am happy that we live here in the south when it cools off again, because generally when it begins to get nice here in October? There is usually snow on the ground at home.

We are trying to think of something to do to beat the heat today.. Its to hot even to go to the beach. Hot and sticky AND sandy? No thanks.I wish there was a public pool around here. But alas there isnt.

In other news.

I know a millionaire. A couple years ago a close family friend was in a horrific car accident. She was driving a tiny little hatchback car and a HUGE truck smashed into her as she was making a legal turn off of Hwy 301 into my uncle's tire yard. It was the worst thing I have ever seen. She should have died. She went through MASSIVE medical problems and has really done well. Recovered SO well considering what she had to work with. This week the insurance company of the guy who crashed into her settled out of court. 1.3 million dollars.

Just to say it is surreal. And it didnt even happen to me. Can you imagine? 1.3 million dollars TAX FREE. Sure she has to pay her lawyers.But its all hers. I actually feel kind of bad for her. Her kids have been absent from her life, and there were few people who took an interest in helping her recover. Im SURE that suddenly she will have present and adoring children. I hope she tells them to talk a long walk off a short pier.

I suggested that she buy a case of books. The childrens fable about the rooster who makes a stew.. You know the one. He asks different family members and friends to help him with his garden

"Who will help me till the soil?" asked Papa Rooster
"Not I" said Henny Penny
"Who will help me plant the seeds?" asked Papa Rooster
"Not I" said Foxy Loxy
"Who will help me pull the weeds" asked Papa Rooster
"Not I" said Lucy Goosey
"Who will help me harvest the food?"

anyway you get the idea. The rooster asks and asks for help when the work is hard, and then when its time to eat the stew, reap the rewards everyone is all to happy to show thier faces.. But Papa Rooster sends them on thier way and enjoys his soup.Every time one of her kids or someone who wasnt available to help when she was sick asks for money,she needs to smile and tell them she has a gift for them. HA HA. Id laugh sSOO hard.

I think if I had 1.3 million dollars Id buy a BIG pool.

1 comment:

Brian Rhodes said...

The heat is killing me too. I open the front door and my body goes, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO", my sweat glands pucker up and start spitting out sweat before I even cross the thresh-hold. I hate summer time but I LOVE the fall. Ohhhhh the days of summer need to begin coming to an end, PLEASE GOD LET IT BE SOON.