Monday, July 17, 2006

door knobs,bathtubs, pirates and sides of beef

There is not tooo much going on around here. Yesterday we were heathens and skipped church. (GASP!) Steven has been working crazy hours and hadnt spent much time with the bambinos at all this week. So we slept in and then went to Florence. Thing Two was wondering where he was working so we took the girls to see HOME DEPOT. Thing Two was so funny,WE invented a game walking through the store. "If you were building your very own house what would you pick" Thing One was toooo coool to play along out loud, but I suspect she was playing in her head.Thing Two however was entertained beyond words.

I never saw a little kid so tickled with a home improvement store. She giggled and clapped at new doorknobs and bathtubs.. She is totally into home decor.To be honest she has pretty good taste too... I didnt think anything she picked was ugly.She DOES have expensive tastes though. The kitchen cabinets she chose were something like $5000 to START!

The whole time we were there she was all.. "If Tye Pennington (from Home Makeover on ABC) comes to Dillon Im gonna tell him we want THAT bathtub" I was near tears I was laughing so hard.

After exploring the FASCINATING world of Home Depot we took the kids to see Pirates of the Caribean 2. It was pretty decent. Thing Two I think had been a victim of Disney Channel hype. They have been playing "The making of" and "INside with Orlando Bloom" and she was dissapointed. It was a little intense for a 6 yr old. Davey Jones's crew I think almost did her in.She watched through covered eyes most of the movie. I think Thing Two liked it a lot. But as a pre-teen it is her job to be aloof and "cool" about it. I miss her getting exited about door knobs and Orlando Bloom.

We took them to eat at Golden Corral.. yah we are gourmets... Steven got to eat a side of beef for 8 bucks. Wich is always a happy thing for him.They have a new filet wrapped in applewood bacon on the bar that is SO good. Thing Two even ate pretty well. I on the otherhand established a fairly healthy migrane before dinner was over and didnt manage to keep it down for long (gross I know.) Its still here and nagging at me, making me nausiated. EW I think Im going to have to investigate these migranes before long. They are getting out of hand.

Big brother was last night. Kaysar is HOH and I think made a serious mistake in his nominations. He had the chance to spilt up the ONLY effectively operating aliance of Will and Mike Boogie. If it had been me Id have been ALL over nominating them and then working my BUTT off to get the veto.. Instead he nominated two almost harmless females. I wanted to smack his head with a big LOSER sign. Stupidhead.

anywho. GREAT sunday... minus the headache

1 comment:

Brian Rhodes said...

Hope you're feeling better. Head over to my blog to get my take on EVERYBODY on BB7. Tell me if you agree.

I LOVED the new Pirates movie.