Tuesday, July 04, 2006

4th fireworks

***Warning. This is a vent.. there is nothing I can do about the situation, other than to pray. I am helpless, yet feel guilt.. I just gotta spill it****


So there is this part of my family.. another branch on the tree so to speak. An uncle and an aunt that together have 10 children. The Uncle is father to four and the Aunt mother to 6. They are reasonably well off,have a BEAUTIFUL property on a small lake and own a fairly prosperous business here in town. Most of the famly is close in a lot of ways...at least they always seem to want to be together since they are CONSTANTLY at the home of my Aunt and Uncle. They have become our "stand in" extended family since all our specific branch is on the west coast and in Alaska.

This is one of those mixed families that is like oil and water.. only no one wants to admit that they are.. except to accuse the other "half" of being the oil and to lay claim to who is more rightfully a "son/daughter" of their parents.(Im not taking sides here.. but just to be fair.. I am a blood relation to the FATHER and his official offspring. He is my father's brother) It seems more often that it is the children of the Wife who want to dissallow the children of the Husband and feel the entitlement.. its odd that it is that way since technically the money/properties/business belongs to the Husband, and if push came to shove without a propper will theyd get BUPKISS. ( I will also be fair and say that the children of the Father, my biologcial cousins, are pretty much screw ups.)They are absolutely in every sense of the word disfunctional.We're talking Days of Our Lives here.

One of the my Uncle's son's has a daughter. We'll call her "C" she is 8 yrs old or so. My cousin (the bioloical son of my uncle) is long gone. Wanted for child support evasion and God only knows what else. "C"'s mother is umm challenged. She was badly abused in her own childhood and did only what she knew.. allowed it to happen to "C". She is only what you could call a "wounded lamb" (at least that is the phrase I hear in my mind whenever I pray for her)She has very few socail skills and exhibits evidence of MASSIVE abuse in every area of her life. You name it? It probably happened to "C" Earlier this year something terrible happened, and Division of Social Services (DSS) had to step in and remove "C" from her Mother's care. She was placed in the care of my Aunt and Uncle (who are in thier late 60's by the way)

The CURRENT issue that is making me want to wash my hands of them is this. The children are behaving like spoiled brats over this child. YES she is a handful, and YES she needs intensive one on one attention, and YES she has caused problems. But the children still insist on bringing thier children and abandoning them to the care of my Aunt and Uncle (mostly my aunt) making the one on one attention that "C" needs impossible. They come early in the morning and stay till all hours of the night. They fill up the house and dont pay attention to thier kids.. and then are SHOCKED when "C" acts out toward thier children. She is wounded, and broken, and because of her early childhood mentally ill. And they treat her terribly. My aunt does the very best she can, but isnt able to keep up.

It makes me so sad... and if I thought for one moment that Steven and I could handle such a strain, we would offer to step in. But I know my limits and know that it wouldnt get "C" the help she needs.

Id LOVE to tell the children off. Scream at them...in rightous indignation. Dont they realize that one day.. all of us will stand before the King. He'll look at them and hang his head... "I sent you one of my wounded lambs. You could have held her up, cared for her wounds, and showed her my love through your actions.. instead you threw her to the roadside and cried about what you were entitled to" I wont though. Ill just hold "C" when I have the chance, and pray that her future will be left in His hands.

No comments: