Friday, July 07, 2006

Allstars,Survivors, and Idols.

Big Brother 7 ALLSTARS started last night. Reality tv is my guilty pleasure. I love it. Its so mindless and simpleheaded.. like brain candy. Other times I like medical dramas and PBS documentaries (They are doing a really great series on Great European Leader biographies this summer. I LOVE them)But there are a few shows I cant resist.

Thing One and I have found this in common and we have counted down to the begining of the shows the past couple years. She loves speculating on the game.. who will vote who out and who will win. She loves to guess who will get voted off the island and more than anything who will go home from American Idol. We've picked the right winner for AI right from the begining for the last 3 summers. Its fun to get her wound up about one show or another.. teasing her about her favorites and watching her get involved in the drama. She is funny.

Other things that are going on. Thing Two is home from camp. It seems like she had a great time. My cousin's daughter was in her dorm and from the sounds of it was a pain in her butt all week. But what can ya do? It sure felt good to have my babies all home again.

My flower garden is doing pretty well. My gladiolas are FINALLY starting to bloom a little. I am not known to be that much of a green thumb. In fact last years vegetable garden was terrible. It didnt produce a single thing.. but some really big weeds and bug bitten squash vines. It was sad indeed. This year I decided to be less ambitious and try some hardy flowers. All have survived except one potted impatient. It wouldnt have died had a certain husband remembered to water it when I was away at camp but thats ok. As soon as we get back on track financially I'll replace it, since I didnt officially kill it myself.

I am still feeling odd about the whole Steven's ex thing. I put myself out there for real. I sent her an apology and meant it. Its not an easy thing to admit when youre wrong. IN fact it quite bites the big one. I hate being wrong. I REALLY hate apologising.. According to AOL the email I sent was recieved and read yesterday some time. I dont know what I expected. Maybe some kind of response.. maybe not. I had a talk with Thing One and told her SOME of what has gone on.I have tried to keep my feelings about her Mother to myself when it came to her.. but I havent always been succesful.I guess Ive done everything I can do, except to be consistant in my resolve to be a real person where she is concerned.

Yall have a wonderful weekend.

1 comment:

Brian Rhodes said...

That child had a ball at camp. Every time I saw her she was dancing and laughing and doing her own thing. She smiled all week long. Hope the problems iron out between you and Thing One's mom. Being the step mom is a hard thing. I had one and we didn't get along very well and I didn't do much to help out either.