Saturday, May 13, 2006

Some things about my Mom

Being that tommorow is Mother's Day Ive been thinking about my Mother.
I am so blessed to be close to her.. both litterally and emotionally. I wanted you all to know some things about her.

My Mother's name is Leanna.She was born in Colorado May 23, 1952. She was the oldest daughter to Clinton and Faye Allison. She was raised in Fruita and Grand Junction and had two sisters. My Aunts Carrie and Cindy. When she was 13 Faye and Clinton divorced and Faye married my Papa Louie Marinelli. Making her the eldest of 7.A few years later the family moved to Washington state She graduated from Issaquah High School, and in March of 1973 she met my father Ed Martin while working at her stepfather's gas station. They were engaged in May and married August 18,1973. I was born 3 years later in 1976 with my sister to follow in 1979. She was a stay at home mom raising us, and many of her nieces and nephews along with all of our friends and the neighborhood with love and undivided attention.

She raised me to be a stong independant woman, yet she showed me by example how to be a good wife.

She taught me to cook, and to keep a good house, and to treat my husband with a firm, yet submissive hand.

She showed me how to pray, taught me that going to church was important, and that my relationship with the Lord was more important than anything else.

She taught me by example that when I place others ahead of myself it is only for my own gain.

She shows me that being cheerful about something is better than whining about it.

I think that I am quite likely the person that I am because of her.




She and I have been through a lot together.

She nearly died shortly after my birth due to a botched c section. I had only been home from the hospital a few days when she hemmoraged and nearly bled to death internally. When I was a difficult teenager she stood behind me and pushed me through. When I was pregnant out of wedlock she held my hair when I puked, bought me lemons when I craved them, went to every Dr appt and held my hand for over 30 hours of labor. She cried with me when early motherhood was difficult and walked the floor outside my room while I learned to do it myself... and then flew to the rescue the minute I called for her. She loves my choice of husband, and took his child from another relationship as her grandchild seamlessly.

I am so blessed and thankful for her.

No comments: