Friday, May 05, 2006

CALVIN!!!





I am in deep deep trouble. I have come to the conclusion that Thing Two is far smarter than I first imagined. Dont get me wrong, in no way did I suspect that she was dumb, quite the oposite. This is only a further example of her intelligence... and my doom. She is way smarter than me.

Last night we had broccoli and cauliflower for dinner. I am in the school of thought that my kids really need to eat veggies.My mother thinks that they shouldnt be made to eat things they dont like (I want to know where THIS woman was when I was a kid.. BUTTERBEANS ew ew ew ew) But if they werent MADE to eat veggies they would get little if any fiber. Or all the other vitamins and minerals that are in green veggies, orange veggies and the like. There are comprimises I have made. Thing One doesnt have to eat lettuce..ever, and neither of them eat raw tomato or onion, or mushrooms, pretty much most veggies. BUT I do insist on some form of greenery most dinners. I dont get all exotic on them and I try to keep things pretty kid friendly.

Last night Thing Two won. She really got me. Tuesday and wednesday nights are hectic for us. Choir practice and church services call for quick dinners and generally a McMeal one out of two. Last night was no exception. I made a pork roast, brown rice, and a steamed veggie mix from the freezer (carrots, broccoli and cauliflower) Thing One choked hers down.. washing each bite down with koolaide like a pill.. I say Do what ya gotta. Thing Two pushed hers around the plate hiding it under the rice and generally whining and making me annoyed.Suddenly she beacme quiet and in minutes presented me with a fairly clean plate. Smiling my secret "Mom wins" smile. I excused her from the table.

I did not learn of my defeat until today when Steven was arranging the cushions on the dining room chairs. Neatly piled under Thing Two's chair cushion was..... You guessed it. 2 broccoli spears and a pile of mooshy cauliflower.What makes this her "point" is that I was sitting accros the table from her... and didnt see a thing.

No comments: