Friday, May 26, 2006

Im a AUNTIE.... again



Emma Grace Hofferbert

May 25, 2006 6:58 pm

8 lbs 5 oz

20 inches long

Well.. she's here, and thank goodness its over, and I am home. Stephanie did pretty well. She did give us a scare when she got her epidural though. She had been having contractions about every 3 minutes for 5 hours. Her blood pressure had been pretty high all morning. When she finally dialated far enough to get her "good drugs" the anesthesiologist administered her epidural and her blood pressure immediatly crashed. She passed out and had a small seziure. Emma's heart rate also crashed. I felt pretty helpless except to stand there and pray. The Dr's sprang into action and gave her drugs to kick start her BP, hooked her up to some oxygen, and flipped her onto her side. Both sprang back pretty well. It was no big deal to the nurses and the Dr, since this happens pretty often I am told.. BUT I needed to put my head between my knees and take some big breaths for sure! Not long later she was able to push and Emma was born in just a half hour of pushing! It was fast and furious.Not at all like my own labor that took 30 hours. I got to cut the cord and hold her soon after she was born. AMAZING experience. It was like you could feel the angels in the room.

So anyway. Congrats to Stephanie, and to me, and whoever else wants to claim this kis :)

2 comments:

Brian Rhodes said...

It's about time. This child got a head-start in being stubborn. I called to check-in on ya'll but I never got an answer. Hope all is well. See you when I get back from the BAHAMAS!!!! WOOOOHOOOO

Shannon said...

Congratulations! She's gorgeous and I love the name!