Thursday, January 19, 2006

the Score. IRS 1 Michele 0


<
Well folks, we won the battle, but lost the war. Steven and I went to the local IRS office today. I presented them with our bill, our income and our output. I gave them our dependants and our credit score... I even offered them Dalton (funny they didnt even blink when I tried it.. I wasnt serious. SHEESH)

The outcome was ok.. not what Id hoped for...wich was a blank slate and a pat on the head telling me to "do better next time". But ok. We still owe the IRS $6,898.32. That fact remains.. and I was repeatedly reminded of this fact throughout the process. BUT the IRS will not garnish Steven's unemployment wages. They will also not require a monthly payment of us. We fall so deeply within the poverty level that we essentially have more bills monthly than we make... In fact when the little lady did all the input it came out that the IRS should actually be paying us a little over a dollar a month. When she brought her supervisor over to examine that fact she laughed heartily and said "ohh no that CANT be right." Personally I think it WAS right, but who am I?

In the end it came out.. we owe them our income tax refund every single year until the bill is paid off. It will still collect penalties and interest (24% yearly) until we pay them all of "thier" money. With all of our little EIC and child credits that should only take 2 years.

Stupidheads.

No vacation for Michele

Wahhhhh.

2 comments:

Brian Rhodes said...

At least you ain't got to pay right now. It could've been worse couldn't it?

Michele said...

oh sure.. it could have been MUCH worse. Im ok now.

My life is sweet compared with some.. and I thank god for it every day.Its so easy to get down when we are really so blessed.