Friday, January 27, 2006

Happy Elizabeth's Birthday




Today is my best friend's 30th birthday. Somehow I am finding great glee in the fact that today is her birthday and not mine... well that SHE is 30, and I am still 29. Its sick, but I like it.. and I figure anything that makes you have a good day that isnt phamastical, or illegal is a pretty good thing huh? When she turned 16 first, I said to her "one day you'll be 30 first too.. and I will love it" turns out I was right. I do.

Elizabeth is my one true good best friend. I have several other people to whom I have been attatched to in my life... Joshua, and Amy H... and now my husband. But she is the one person I know loves me no matter what. No matter how long were apart we pick up right where we left off as if we only paused in our conversation.

She has proven herself. I know her. I know her tastes, her humor and her past. I know she loves lemons, and junk food. I know she likes old movies and that she eats onions and garlic and likes warm places and reading books. And she knows me.

I was in her wedding.. and she was in mine. We have been in eachothers lives since we were in the same kindergarten class.. we became best friends later than that, but still. She was there. When my Nana and Papa died she was there.Holding my head on when I thought it might blow off.

When my then fiance called from Saudi Arabia at 4 am and broke things off a few weeks before our wedding, my fingers dialed her number automatically without giving a thought to the hour. Her new husband was shocked im sure.. but she listened to me cry and never once said "I told you so" even though she had.

When I was floundering in self distruction, she didnt point it out, and when I dated jerk after jerk she listened to me as I justified my relationships. She was the person I called first when I found out I was pregnant with Thing 2 , and she didnt judge.. I knew I was safe with her. I still do.

Everyone needs one true good best friend. Im so glad I have mine... and that she is thirty.. and I am 29.. for 6 more months.

3 comments:

Theresa said...

It's always nice to have a friend like that! You're lucky!!

Brian Rhodes said...

So you're on that DOWN HILL DROP to 30. Awwwww.....how nice. I've got 2 1/2 years left. How joyful to know you get there first. That blesses my spirit.

The_Sphinx said...

Wow it is good to have friends like that,i know i wish i had one.Anyway a very merry unbirthday to you and a happy birhtday to her