Wednesday, February 01, 2006

A new season

We had our first week with the youth after Rodney departed (moved not died). Things went really really well. I was really happy. It amazed me how the kids repsponded to the changes. The structure is going to be awesome. The new security measures worked tonight. Let's hope that it continues to go so smoothly. I think a lot of the kids were here tonight to check things out.. see how it was going to be with the new people.. next week will tell the tale.. how many kids we'll retain, and who will leave. But I think we may keep more than I orginally thought. yay us.

Brian preached about sowing seeds and asked "What's growing in your garden" For some reason the subject seemed vaugly familiar.. like I'd heard a sermon not unlike it from someplace else.. maybe I have. Its a good analagy. In the very end, he bagan to touch on "a new season" and it struck chords in me.

I have been praying for direction for after Dalton goes to preschool. All this past year I have felt like he needed me. That there was a reason for my being home to care for him.. but I really feel like my time with him is over. I am ready to move on. Not to say that I wont miss him like crazy, and that it wont be traumatic for me to let him go... but I know that it's time.

I think that God may be birthing my career.. finally. I think I know what I want to be when I grow up. Ive been researching and looking into attending Massage therapy shcool. For years I've wanted to complete my nursing degree. I am nearly to my LPN only missing I think one or two classes. But something keeps getting in the way.. mostly the math classes. Something just didnt gel with me.

Now I know why. I have this philosophy. Americans dont touch each other enough. All things and notions sexual aside. Basic touch is lacking. As humans we need it. We need human contact. Ever accidentally "touch" someone? I bet you apologized. I know that massage has actual physical benefits.. muscle relaxation, toxin release. But I think it also has major emotional benefits. Its proven that it releases endorphins, seratonin and all the yummy feel good chemicals. It makes you emtionally feel better. So this is my vision.

I want to create a "feel better" place.Like a day spa only better. A quiet relaxing space where you could make an appointment for a massage, take an uninterupted bubbble bath in an awesome clawfoot tub or take a Vischy Shower. (a shower that has strategically placed shower heads) Have a seaweed scrub, a foot massage maybe drink a cup of tea or a smoothie. I know it seems like a lot. But I know that I'd pay good money to have a space like that... to have a place where I could actually schedule "me" time. "yes I have a 4pm appointment for a bubble bath and a massage" The exectution of the idea is still marinating in my mind. It'd have to be an imaculatly clean, and super super classy place, in order to escape the old west bath house feel. Id have to be choosy about my clients.. maybe limiting it only to women.. and then have something separate for male massage clients.

Im praying about it. In the mean time I am looking into massage therapy schools in the area and how I can pay for it. Id have to work in local hair salons to work up a clientle. But I want to make my own place an eventual goal. YAY me. It feels good to have a direction to be thinking of.

No comments: