Sunday, February 19, 2006

spinning gears

This has been a pretty darn good weekend. I keep humming and smiling to myself. I am finding it difficult to contain my happiness... Here's why

Friday morning I awoke and as normal checked the bank account to balance our checkbook. my account balance read about 5 bazillion dollars more than I anticipated. YUP. The IRS had mercy and sent our tax refund. All of it. In a panic I called the IRS and asked about the "mistake" Thier response was... "Mrs Lane. You are in what you call a paperwork loop. Your income was low enough to not require you to set up a payment plan, and the amount of the bill has not been assesed to your account yet. You still owe the money, but youll just have to refile your income with us when you get another bill." I asked.. "umm so in enlglish? This money is mine?"
She responded "Have a nice day Mrs Lane"

wait... it gets better.


About 10 am Steven called our weekly call to check with Child Support enforcement to encourage the collection of what his ex owes us (Sometimes, when you want something you have to stand on thier feet until they pay you to go away IE If we bug them enough, they will do something) And they responded "Mr Lane, there was a payment made on Thursday. We'll be sending you a check out later today.. the amount? 3 bazillion dollars."

The check came saturday, along with the 401K payout check from Steven's last job, and a paycheck for me from the State for keeping the little man.

I could die. I can buy socks, and namebrand toilet paper.

YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY

God is so good.

No comments: