Thursday, February 16, 2006

Really a very good day


It is so pretty out today.. feels almost like spring. It smells fresh and clean out and there is a pleasant breeze blowing.Its in the low 70's and just feels soo good out. Its days like today that make living in this wretched place bearable. Knowing that it is not above 20 degrees in Alaska and that I may have been able to send my kids out bundled like little eskimos for mayyybe 20 minutes, and here I have all the doors and windows open and will easily send the kids out to play until supertime with out jackets at all makes it livable.

It looks as if I may be made a liar of. Steven's ex may actually be coming through and paying her childsupport like she has been saying. reportedly she was on her way to town to pay the bill in order to see Jasmin this weekend. I am skeptical of course. But fact is? It looks good. Thank the Lord! There are so many "extras" that I love to get the girls but havent been able to justify them with Steven being unemployed. YAY for shopping. YAY for a short vacation. YAY for childsupport enforcement. (You realize that all of these "YAY's" are still contingent on her doing what she said.

I have been reading a lot of blogs lately. Mostly this odd addiction I have. I love to read the blogs of families adopting from China. I love how exited they are to get thier daughters and how nervous and how wonderful they all are. There are TONS of them. They have a whole language (the adopters.. since obviously the Chinese do) of thier own and a network and a mascot! They put ladybugs on everything.. its soo cute. I think, that if Steven and I had ohhh like an extra $35 thou hanging around we'd totally adopt from there.

2 comments:

Brian Rhodes said...

It only cost around fifteen thousand. Jenn and I are considering....shhhhh, not too many people know.

Michele said...

B-
thats so great. I can send you some blogs to read if you want. They make me cry. Youll be such a great dad.