Sunday, September 11, 2005

tahday is satuhday

Steven worked today.. wich I love. Saturdays when Steven works are great days. Especially when my girls sleep off somewhere else. He works every other saturday 8-12. Today, I slept until I woke up. Dont you love that? Hmmm maybe we sleep until we wake up every single day.. no we sleep until SOMETHING, be it an alarm clock, a screaming child, a big dog, a brass band (everyone says " he could sleep through a brass band".. but has anyone really experimented with this? mmm doubtful) wakes us up. But today nothing but my own self woke me. I loved it. Nope there is nothing more lovely than sleeping until your body says. "WOAH NELLY thats enough of THAT." I stretched, I pulled the pillow over my head to see if I was really serious about being awake, and then sat slowly up to sit in the bed quietly until I was bored enough to venture out. Just lovely.
So after the obligotory staring at the mirror to confirm that yep, thats all thats ever gonna be there, was my needless shower. How many people take a shower every morning need be or not? I dont know why I do it. I shower at night.. I mean my for real shower. The get down to bussiness, wash your nooks and crannies shower. But morning come.. there I am again. I didnt run a marathon, or do anything that AHEM might make me sweat before i slept.. or whilst I slept, I just slept. I lay in one of two positions for 8-12 hours. Yet there I am soap in hand... er in big sprongy bathing poofie.
I love soap. Its really an unnatural obsession I think. In my tub there are at this moment no less than 6 kinds of soap. Baby soap, (there are no babies here, I just love the smell). deoderant soap, manly soap (blue and possesing a label with a mountain on it) flowery soap, fruity soap, moisterizing soap, scrubbing soap (with pieces of cement, nut shells, and beach sand for sluffing) and the list goes on.. that doesnt even count the bubble bath and the facial soap. I have always said that there is very little that goes wrong in my world that cannot be solved with a hot bath. I know that if I could provide a hot soapy bath for every soul in trial... the world would be a much better place.
The rest of the day was a mix of housewifery. Cleaning and Walmart.. wich will be another post for another day. Walmart on a saturday in small southern towns is evil and then I will tell you why.

No comments: