Monday, September 19, 2005

new tv season

HOORAY! Today begins the new television season. All of our favorite shows are finally coming out of re-runs. YAHOO!!!!

I never was a real big tv watcher until I moved to Dillon. In Alaska there was always a ton of of things to do. Culture lurked around every corner and I really took advantage of it. From community school classes to library lectures, symphony concerts to art exhibits. I literally was never at home. I was even involved in a square dance club called "The Dancing Bears". I learned to square and contra dance as well as swing and waltz there... I learned latin dances taking lessons and from school but more often danced at the "bears" It was incredible exercise!

But HERE? We watch television.

CBS

Amazing Race this season should be interesting. I like this show. The Family version could be fun... unless the kids are whiny. I get enough of whiny kids at home. Close to Home will be passable as a replacement to Judging Amy although tuesday nights are odd for me since I am at choir practice until after 8 and the kids arent in bed till after 9 or nearer to 10.
Criminal Minds will be typical and I will likely watch it unless something on ABC is really good in that time slot. Thomas Gibsoon is in it.He was so totally hilarious as Greg on Dharma and Greg, I think I will have a hard time taking him seriously. Kind of like it was with Charlie Sheen after he was on those Hot Shot movies.
All three CSI are entertaining.. I like NYC the least. Its just so dark and not as well written as Miami. They really need to get the stories of the characters into it. I cant get attatched to them. Where I think I am in love with Horatio Cane. he is such a virtuoous man. Always does the right thing... If were in trouble? Id want Horatio to my rescue!
Ghost Whisperer? that remains to be seen. I really like stories like that.. Friday nights are on again off again for me. Im not usually home to watch, but I will usually stick a tape in and record whatever happens to be on to watch saturday afternoons when nothing but golf is on.
Im glad to see "Still Standing" back, but I wish they'd send "Yes,Dear" off to basura land. STUPID SHOW. Anthony Clark (Greg Warner) was in this show in the late 90's called "Boston Common". He was SOOOO funny on that show. It was cancelled early on. But I wish he was so funny on "Yes, Dear" .
Two and a Half Men is brilliant. That kid Angus T. Jones is FUNNY. Charlie Sheen still plays basically the same guy that he was on Spin City. Schmarmy and skirt chasing, but Jon Crier is so brilliant that it makes up for it.
Last, on CBS is "NCI". I was very perturbed by the writters who killed off a main character"Kate" (Sasha Alexander) last spring. And now plan to bring her around in the premiere as a ghost. CHEESE! For a usually very cleverly witten show. My husband has a HUGE crush on Palley Perrette (Abbie) so we will watch it reguardless of the cheese.

ABC

I am pretty much a CBS girl,they are on most of the day.I dont watch "Lost" and Im not a fan of George Lopez (although I think he is really funny) I am not into Alias(although I loved Jennifer Garner-Aflec in 13 going on 30). I hate "Wifeswap" and I cant handle another "Bachellor". I used to LOVE love love that show.. but watching a bunch of sluts throw themselves at some loser that wont marry them in the end AGAIN makes me ill. I dont like "Brat Camp" and I didnt watch "Dancing with the Stars" since it was on wednesday nights. but there are a few things on ABC that I really like or have been looking forward to.
I think that "Commander in Chief", while a wannabe "West Wing" will be worthwhile. Two words, Gena Davis. Need I say more? She is so good. "Hope and Faith" is very funny mostly due to a brilliant Kelly Rippa. Who would have though that she was so good without Regis?
While I am not a big ABC fan, I do think that the very best night of television is on that network. Sunday nights are awesome thanks to Home makeover (Ty Pennington IS coming to my house... I can feel it.) and Desperate Housewives. The show is trash, cheating, lying, and every other type of mischief... and I love it. (I know, Im going to HELL in a handbasket) BUT best of all, Grey's Anatomy. That show is good good good. Witty, and sharp, sexy and clean at the same time. Its like ER with a brain.

We dont get NBC here, wich is sad. Because we miss out on some things.. like the Olympics for instance. And ER... and Jay Leno. I dont know if I prefer him to David Letterman every single night, but it might be nice to have a late nite choice... oh well.

Well... anyway, thats my take on tv this fall. I need to just turn the thing off... BUT I might miss something!

1 comment:

Brian Rhodes said...

Okay, here's my opinion. LOVE Survivor. Can't EVER get enough. The show with Charlie Sheen, can't think of the name right now, that little boy on the show is a great actor for someone his age. I think he, Dakota Fanning (Hide and Seek, Uptown Girls, etc.), and the boy that was on the Sixth Sense are some of the best child actors out there. I just hope they don't get hooked on crack like Drew Berrymore. I'm getting hooked on Lost. I've always like ER. ER is one of the best shows out there. My favorite CSI is Las Vegas, I don't really like the others very much. Jennifer likes Without A Trace.