Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Southern Discontent

We interupt your normally scheduled programming for this whiney message.

WHY in GODS NAME do any of us live in this stupid place?
It is now nearly the end of September... and it is hot. Not just hot. It is the hienee of Hades hot.
Yesterday it was 10 am.. and there I was sweating, and laying on the couch sweltering. The AC is broken, and we hadnt planned on fixing it this season. It's September.. it should be very comfy by now.. warm days and cool nights. BUT nooooooooooooooooooooo Its sopposed to hit 95 with a heat index of (get this ) 105 degrees today! WHY WHY WHY WHY???

I also have to comment on the bugs that live in the south. Last night I was taking refuge in my bedroom, the one and only air conditioned room in the house (Daddy sent us his window unit). I was laying across the bed being pitifull, feeling banished and sad, when I glanced up the wall, only to see a tiny ANT ARMY on the march up my bedroom wall! UGH!! GROSS! SO, after squishing all visible offending creatures , I soaked the wall and the windowsill they seemed to attacking from with ant poison. Now my bedroom smells faintly of RAID!

This is not the end of the bug adventures I had last night! Imagine if you will, my bedroom, 3 am. Steven is beside me snoring away, and I am slumbering peacefully when suddenly I feel a tiny itch on my nose...then a bigger itch on my cheek, then a twitch on my nose... I reached sleepily to rub my itchy nose and found? A SPIDER. At the time I was not aware that it was a spider, because I squished her and threw her as far as my terrified self could throw her, and did not find her again until I was making the bed this morning. Unfortunatly she was as surprised by me as I was of her and she bit me onthe eyelid

YES folks. The night bug BIT ME. I have two red/purple chew marks on my eyelid. I am also afraid that when I squished the spider that I may have mooshed some of her buggy guts into my eye. So it is all red and weepy... I wonder if she was poisonous?

I hate the south.

1 comment:

Brian Rhodes said...

Don't forget about the mosquito's that are the size of small turkeys. I love those the best.