Saturday, September 24, 2005

hellish heat and housewifery

I am whineing again about the heat. I dont suppose it would be so bothersome if our AC wasn't broken. But as our finances... or lack thereof negate fixing the stupidhead useless $3000 machine, here I sit hot,sticky,and hopelessly cranky. Again I say! Who has 100 degree heat in SEPTEMBER? It's not just Sept. it's LATE September...like almost October for gosh sakes.

Today has been very busy. Since I have been spending most days at my parent's sponging off them and breathing thier cool air (watching thier satalite television while The Boy naps haha!) My house had quite gotten away from me... clutter and junk was lying about all over and the bathroom was... lets just say EW! Its amazing how dirty a place can get even while you are only
just sleeping there.

So I washed the kitchen floor and since every single drinking glass we own was lying on and around Steven's computer desk I washed a load of dishes (By hand since our dishwasher also has given up the ghost.) I folded about 5 loads of clothes, and reorganized Thing Two's drawers since she paws through them everyday, and Thing One, who's job it is to put away clean laundry just smashes whatever clothes belonging to Thing One into whatever drawer. I cleaned the bathroom ,washed the rugs and changed the beds.I vacummed (including moving all the furniture so I could adjust the area rug) and dusted the livingroom and washed the electronics with the proper cleaner.

Then when Steven got home from work, much to his chagrin I had a list of errands we HAD to have done TODAY. So we went to the discount store to buy supplies, to the ATM, the postoffice, and to the grocery store. By the time we got home everyone was cranky and sticky.. and Im afraid I took it out on Steven. He had lain across our not bed where the clean linens were waiting to be put back on the bed. I lost it. Why couldnt he have just put the sheets on the bed? Why did he have to lay his sweaty work stinking body across the clean linens. OOO it burned me. It was like everything I do goes unnoticed by him. useless... But I think what REALLY got me was when he saw a spider and suished it.. and then (wait for it) THREW IT ON THE FLOOR. I went berserk. I yelled and threw things... childish? Yes. Worth it? Maybe. Feel better? Definatly.

1 comment:

Brian Rhodes said...

That is hillarious!!!!!!! I died laughing while i was reading this. Girl, you're better than I am. I would have been at the bank at first light trying to get some money to fix that dang thing. I will, literally, pass out if I get too hot. Sounds like you're a good housewife though. Your husband is blessed, as am I.