Tuesday, August 29, 2006

RIP little buddy

I barely have words. My heart is breaking...

We lost our little Jake puppy today.I find it very ironic that I just posted his little pug face here a few days ago. He escaped his fenced yard and our guard dog killed him. We had been calling and calling him all morning,looking and looking and somehow he snuck by me,behind the house and tangled with the german shephard.I screamed and punched him so hard I sprained my wrist.I pulled him out of his doghouse and just blindly beat at him ... in horror at what he had done and in grief of losing our friend.I didnt do much damage to the great brute, but I wanted to kill him.... I still do...and he wont survive the day. When Steven comes home he will go wherever bad mean dogs go.

I'll have to tell the babies this afternoon... worse, my Dad who is at work, will have to be told. Jake was his good best friend. They walked and talked and played together every single day. Daddy had taught him some little tricks and Jake pined for him whenever he was gone from the house.Just last night we shared ice cream with him and he played with the kids..."speaking" for his share of the goodies. Going through his repetoire without being told in hopes of a scoop. I am having a hard time imagining our evenings without him.

I called my uncle to come take care of him.. so Daddy wouldnt have to... He burried him in our pet cemetary near the garden where he can hear the kids playing...and he can be close to my Dad.

3 comments:

Brian Rhodes said...

It really is sad to lose a family pet. You really grow attached to them and they become part of the family. Sorry to hear about that.

How is the car thing? I've been praying for ya'll. I hope it all works out.

Shannon said...

Oh my gosh- that is so awful. I'm so so sorry. I can't even imagine. I wish I could give you a big hug right now.

Sandy said...

I'm so sorry to hear about little Jakey. He was a cutie pie. I hate that you had to see that.