Monday, August 14, 2006

only on a monday

  Posted by Picasa

This is what my livingroom looks like tonight.. and where we will be sleeping to save Steven from breathing the mold spores caused by the water.




This is Thing Two's room.. where all the stuff that belongs in my bedroom was hastily thrown.. and remains for me to sort out...to save it from the water.



  Posted by Picasa


All Because of this... stupidhead waterheater... and all the wet that it allowed to seap under the carpet in the master bedroom and cause a breach in the floor.. wich thankfully my DADDY and HONEY fixed today with a LOT of hard wet uncomfortable work but thankfully without tooo much financial disaster. Add two babies to the mix and it was a LONG LONG day.

Im embarassed to admit that I had a total meltdown though. The kids were just home from school... I was leaning against the boxsprings from my bedroom that was perched against our loveseat helping Thing One do the PILE of homework she brought home today (thats another post.. but it seems like TORTURE for her to be doing SO much homework IN FIRST GRADE when its still to darn hot to even play outside when she is done.)And my poor Daddy broke the news that my carpet must be completely bone dry before it can be reinstalled. It could be days. I lost it. Curly Top who had gotten to hot on the school bus ride home was puking.. Em was screaming at the top of her 2 month old lungs and Eve was banging a toy on the highchair tray where she had been banished until the homework could be finished since she insisted on stealing Thing Two's books. A bill collector called... and I totally lost it.

I put my head in my hands and cried... not like a few tears, but sobbing snot producing crying. My kids just sat and stared at me like I was an alien... I think at that moment if an alien ship was in the vacinity Id have gladly hitched a ride.
Tonight things are better.. But I'll be so glad for it not to be monday anymore!

2 comments:

Brian Rhodes said...

"This too shall pass". I think God put that in the Bible especially for me. It'll get better. Who knows why we have bad days but it doesn't change the fact that we know who's in control of it all.

Shannon said...

Aw, what a day! I'm so sorry it was so terrible! Yikes.