Saturday, August 26, 2006

recipe repeats and general news

hello kids. Things are pretty quiet here at Casa De Lane. Steven is working all weekend and Things One and Two after doing chores went off to play.

Our car is on the fritz.. really sick. Hopefully not TOO sick though. But for now Steven is driving the Mamamobile (My mom's van) to work. BLAH!


I am a chronic recipe repeater, so tonight I revisited the zuppa Tuscana that I made last weekend. It was a winner then and with less spicy sausage it was an even bigger hit. I didnt however get around to making any rolls. Store bought had to suffice.

This weeks menu is kinda boring. I found that it was exhausting to go all Food Network Foodie wannabe on the food last week. So I went a little simpler this week.

Chicken breast sandwiches
fries

Zupa Tuscana
Rolls

Shrimp and Grits (Im pretty excited about this one.. I got some shrimp on special and plan to toss them with some fried chicken tenders,mushrooms,smoked sausage and pour it all over some really creamy cheese grits. YUMM-O!)

Salmon Patties
Homemade mac and cheese
speckled butterbeans

Hamburger Helper ( ew. but the kids like it)
Corn

Baked Potatoes with a choice of chili and/or
broccoli and cheese

I am planning on working on another cookie recipe this week.Its never to early to get ready for Christmas! I lost my favorite Lemon White Chocolate Cashew cookie recipe so I gotta find one online. Im thinking it shouldnt be tooo hard. I just wish I could remember where I got that recipe from. They are AWESOME. I am also going to try and replicate the sweet spicy sauce from Zaxby's. That stuff is like ummm liquid joy. mmmm MMMM mmmm

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Your menu for this week sounds GOOD! Baking Christmas cookies sounds like a good idea right now!

Brian Rhodes said...

Any word on your car yet? Been praying for ya'll. Baked Potatoes and Chili sounds REALLY good. I love to get that from Wendy's with LOTS of cheese. GREAT STUFF!