Wednesday, October 26, 2005

update.. captain random style

I havent posted in a while so I am gonna just fill yall in on a whole bunch of stuff in one catch all post.

1. we went to the beach last weekend. I woke up saturday in a pool of discontent. I couldnt stand just laying around the house AGAIN. So I got online and found a cheap-o hotel room with a pool and we just took off. It was awesome. I vegged out in a hot tub until my skin nearly floated off of me. Caitlin had a great time pool hopping and playing with all the little tourist kids.

*** We ate at an AWESOME burger joint. Those of you from this area will know thier jingle. River City Cafe.. we make fun a thousand different ways...you know the "complimentary" peanuts? I had never been there but Jasmin wanted to try them out. On approach I was a little leary... looked to me like every saloon I had ever been in in Alaska. But it turned out to be great fun.. and quite honestly the very best hambuger I have had in a resturant in a very long time. They make hand cut fries and the burgers are real meat. Prices werent that bad either...I think it was like $30 for all of us to eat whaterver we wanted and get souvinear plastic glasses.

2. Fall festival at the church is tonight. Last year I was deeply involved in the festival. Derrick & Dianna Jones, Tammy Kale, Carolyn Lockemy and I nearly put up the thing single handedly. Were talking like 30 hours in 3 days. I was so tired by the time it came around I didnt even enjoy it. This year we did better. Monday night we went by for like 2 hours. I painted a box blue and steven helped put the playstation booth together. Thats it. I had ambitions of returning to help last nght, but Daddy's cousin died and I wanted to go look at his relatives... so I never made it back. I feel bad since i was working on a project... hopefully someone will have finished the fishing booth. Tonight I am helping make popcorn and steven is doing security. The girls are exited. Jasmin is going as a cat and Caitie as a fairy princess. (what else?) Steven and I carved pumpkins for the event. Steven's is a "preacher pumpkin" with a tie and a bible and a mustache. Mine is a cat with a spider creeping down his face.. took HOURS to carve. and I cut myself.

3. pumpkin seed question. Ok so I made the kids get all the seeds out of the pumpkin guts. I washed tehm, salted them and roasted them this morning. Are you sopposed to shell them? Or just eat them whole? They are enjoyable both ways.. however I cant help wonder why the touble of shelling them? hmmmm

5. Dalton's mommy is getting married. Caitie is a flower girl.. I have to find her a dress that is wine or burgundy.. and that i can afford. I will be shopping ebay this afternoon.

6. Jasmin STILL hasnt seen her mother (its been since JUNE ).. and we heard from a relaible source that she has been in town most saturdays.That burns my britches that she risks going to jail to see a FRIEND and wont risk it for her own daughter. What a waste of skin.

anywho.. thats about it. I will post halloween pictures on tuesday.

No comments: