Wednesday, October 05, 2005

More vacation stuff

I cant decide where to go. Its wide open really. Steven has given me total control over where we go on vaction this year. He doesnt care as long as he doesnt have to mow anything or go to work.

For me.. I am totally tempted to just go back to Disney World. Its my perfect vacation. I love amusement parks, and having everything taken care of. If you go to WDW, stay onsite and order the "dining plan". Everything is included and paid for. You park your car outside your hotel room and there it sits. You ride busses everywhere you want to go. They pick you up in front of the hotel and run every 20 minutes till 4 am. You have a little card that allows wach person in your family to eat one nice sit down meal and one fast food meal as well as an ice cream treat or popcorn every day... wich frankly is a LOT of food.

Disney is FAT friendly. (I am fat and my husband is fat so fat friendly is very important.) You have to be REAL big to not fit on almost any ride.. even space mountain. wich is like a tube with seats.

The only problem? Weve been there twice in 3 years. Do I really want to do Disney again? grrrr I dunno. The little kid is game. She loves that place almost as much as I do. A tiny adrenaline junkie is what she is. The bigger kid? She would have fun... but she is a chicken hearted ride avoider BIG time. Anything less mild than... the teacups is to much for her. So WDW doesnt hold as much for her now that we have seen all the shows ect.

Other options I have explored are. A Carnival cruise to the Bahamas.. equally expensive and all inclusive. There is just an underlying fear of 5 days of constant motion sickness. EWWW I cant handle it. I have looked at Mexico resorts and going to Hawaii.

My sister lives in Alaska, and were airfares not so high thats where we'd head. While not all inclusive we wouldnt have to shell out cash for a hotel, as my childhood best friend lives there as well as my sister and a close Aunt. Not to mention I am very familiar with the area and what to do/where to eat for cheap.

Visiting DC. That is probably what we will end up doing. Every American needs to visit DC once. Neither Steven nor I have been and our girls are a good age for it. Old enough to understand the signifigance and young enough to still enjoy seeing a museum with Mom and Daddy.

Soooo.. I am researching an anti-vacation.. Eww... I want a mickey bar and to ride Splash mountain.. WAHHHHHHHHHH

1 comment:

Brian Rhodes said...

Okay, here's the trick to the whole cruise thing. There's a nice little drug called Bonine. It's on the shelf. You take one a day, whether you think you need it or not, and you NEVER get sea sick. I LOVE THE STUFF and.....it DOES NOT make you drowsy, also a plus if you're cruisin'.