Thursday, October 05, 2006

The white load

I got a silly little meme today and it asked. If you could obliterate one and only one household chore, what would it be and why?

Easy. The white load

I dont mind washing other loads.Jeans, Darks, colors, lights... but that one load that goes in with HOT water and bleach and is full of the most nasty parts of laundry? I hate it.In fact I hate the whites so much I usually save them for last to wash.. more often than not I lose interest in or run out of time for washing clothes and they go back into the hamper a couple times.. until steven threatens to turn his underwear inside out to wear a second time.Backwards right? Youd think Id want them to get done first and out of the way...

There are a lot of reasons why I hate doing whites First, I have to actually separate them. They are all usually inside out and wierd. Steven pulls his socks off in a way that one sock ends up inside out inside the other sock. They must be separated otherwise the inside sock is still dirty and they never dry all the way. Then, the smell. I do not care for the smell of bleach. EW. Its yuk.I also hate hate folding that particular load of clothes. There are also all those unmentionables belonging to my husband. I hate folding tighty whities. They dont have a good shape that folds easily and SOCKS. I hate to match socks. Mostly I have illiminated our sock matching problem. Steven has tiny pygme feet so he wears womens socks (this in no way threatens his manhood thank god) Thing One has really really impossibly huge feet (for an 11 yr old) and I am somewhere in the middle. SO I buy the same kind of socks for all three of us. White socks with no indentifying markings (like grey toes and heels.. or that weirdo pink stripe accros the toe) All the socks match with no problem now. Thing Two has hers.. but they are all also white. There is almost always one lone leftover sock without a mate.. but for the most part they match up easily..

But I still hate it.

1 comment:

Brian Rhodes said...

MOPPING! UHHHHHHHHHH, I HATE to mop. Don't ask me why, I just do. The clothes don't bother me too bad. I can watch TV while I fold everything.