Monday, October 16, 2006

basketti and meat bulbs

I am not being a very good blogger. I dont know whats up with that. I usually think of a million ideas to blog on.. unfortunatly you are getting another "whats goin on with us" blog. and not anything deep.

I am also fired as a foodie wanna be. I have been so lazy this week about cooking. Old standbys and (GASP) food out of a box has been the trend this week.

chicken nuggets (from a box)
instant mashed taters

neckbone bog
green beans
mac and cheese (from a box.. and not even the deluxe kind... Thing Two only likes the powdered kind.. ew? I know.)

15 bean soup
itty bitty baking powder biscuits

Basketti and Meat bulbs
(Translation: Spagetti and meatballs...one of the only "baby word phrases" that remains in Thing Two's vocabulary.. and probably my fault. Its so darn cute I never bothered to correct her. Reminds me of my cousin Joey. He called fig newtons "chewy chewies" and we never corrected him.. he is 20 something and only recently discovered that they are in fact called "newtons")I do make some really yummy meat"bulbs" that have italian sausage in them and the sauce is semi homemade with cruched tomatos and my own herbs and garlic. So thats better than just opening a jar and throwing in some browned turkey burger.
french bread
salad

Cheese grits (this recipe is Paula Dean. It is the BEST grits you will ever have.. ever. They are made with milk and velveeta (only Ms Paula could write VELVEETA into a recipe and still remain a respected chef) and parmessano and you wisk em until your arm falls off.)
sausage
poached eggs (who likes poached eggs anymore? MY KIDS.. wierdos)

dressed out dogs
oven fries

Pretty sad huh? I'll have to see if I can do better next week. I have a craving for some homemade enchiladas...although when I crave mexican I am so tempted to just make some mexican rice and make refried bean burritos with it. I make such a good guacamole that it really seems a waste of time to make the enchiladas when Id be just as happy with a rice burrito.Steven also mentioned a need for some steak. I saw a recipe that called for blue cheese butter to be melted over the top of a grilled steak and He said that it sounded tasty.

In other news we are busy the end of this week at the church.. setting up for the annual "Fall Festival" its a big time and the kids look forward to it all month. Im always glad to see it come along... but then glad to see it go too! Its a big set up and then over so fast. It includes a cake walk and I am still looking for my recipe this year. I set a precident last year with my pumpkin spice cake (I decorated it to look like an actual pumpkin and it sold for $35) So I gotta represent this year so people wont think it was a fluke.

Thing One's great grandma is dying.She has been moved to hospice house in Florence (about 45 miles from here.)Drs didnt expect her to live through the weekend so we rushed up there friday night. But she hung on and we may take a run out there tonight.. maybe. Am I selfish to think that maybe it isnt really my responsibility to get Jasmin back and forth since this is her mother's grandma? Should I have to pay for the gas money and all to run her back and forth since its her mama's people?

I am gearing up for the holidays. Shopping online and looking around.. I admit that I already started my shopping. I dunno if its me loving Christmas OR me loving the cold weather. :)

2 comments:

Brian Rhodes said...

Girl, at least you're cooking. We hardly cook.....although I DID make some killer Cabbage/Vegetable/Beef soup the other day. Mmmmmmm......so good. It'll put hair on your chest, LOL.

Brian Rhodes said...

Swing over to see my adorable nephew! How's everything going with your "proceedings"?