Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Oh Boy Alberto!!!


The first names storm of the season is blowing in my yard as we speak. Alberto is pretty tame.. just weepy. Weve had sooo much rain that everything in my house feels damp. The ceiling is leaky and I awoke this morning at 6 am to water pouring into my bedroom through the window where we have an air conditioner. Fortunatly I managed to catch it before it got all of the clean laundry that was in a basket below it. However my curtains did wick it up to make the folded t shirts that are stacked on top of a small dresser all wet.(we have NO storage space in this house, so our clothes are imaginatively stored in odd places) Thankfully though I think the rain is ending and the wind is pleasant. Tommorow is slated to be a scortcher though..

Thing two and I were delighted to be "puddle squishing" last evening,since it rarely rains here in summer, when there isnt lightening accompanying it we dont get to play in the rain too often, but since this was just rain she and I "squished" all the puddles in the yard on our way home from visiting with my parents. Her infectious giggle, and the delight she took in playing with me in the wet was worth cleaning up the muddy puddles in the hallway. After cleaning up, Things One and Two and I snuggled on the couch and watched one of my personal favorite movies "Summer Magic" with Hailey Mills and Burle Ives. Its a reaaly great one with fantastic songs that stick in your head for days... *sings* "Gotta crawl gotta crawl gotta crawl to the ugly bug ball to the ball to the ball, and a happy time we'll have there... one and all at the ugly bug ball"

No comments: