Sunday, June 18, 2006

hello muddah hello faddah...

I wont be checking in next week. I am off to spend a week giving back.. counseling at summer youth camp. My childhood memories of camp are so awesome. We had a little church camp on a lake about an hour from home. Little Beaver is another of my "happy places" The plumbing was iffy, and there was a "smell" to the dorms.. like wet dog and hairspray. But my spiritual experiences there make it El Bethel.. my hidding place. I loved it there. I worked there every summer from when I was 15. I was a camper, a kitchen worker, a counselor, a babysitter for the speakers kids.. I worked in the "snack shack" and helped in the rec shack. I pulled canoes and logged in lifevests. Until I was old enough to be a counselor, and then I did it year after year.One summer I went to camp in the last week of June and was there every week until August in one capacity or another. Great great memories.

And now my baby will start her camp memories this year... she'll attend the first week of July. And I will be off this week.. its not Little Beaver.. but it will be the same camp. Awesome memories, and a great time. Terrible food and worse beds.. but a hidding place from the world.

No comments: