Wednesday, September 20, 2006

And another thing...

This month is the one year anniversary of my blog.. I took some time off here and there. But there is a pretty good year of archives to read.. This year has been kind of rough... Weve been through a lot.. but we are in such a good place now. Things arent all smooth and yeah there are so many things that are still floating around wild and willy nilly. But mentally I am in such a great place.

We have kind of a major thing going on.. a possibility of a MAJOR life change for us in the next few months.Im trying not to invest to much into it emotionally, and get excited over nothing, but its a distant possibility. I cant really go into details yet, but when I can, I promise to share.

This is premire week for television. I have enjoyed the season premiers of CSI NY and CSI Miami. As well as for Two and a half Men. (funny stuff) and Tonight watched the opener of "dangerous minds". Mostly though I am looking forward to tommorow night and the return of Grey's Anatomy.(YEAH!)

As far as new stuff there isnt much I am happy about. I dont assume I'll be watching "SMITH" or "Jericho" I dont like all that dramatic stuff.. I didnt get into LOST and I am assuming that Jericho will be a lot like that kind of show. Nah.. no thanks.One new thing that I am LOVING is the new Rachel Ray talk show. She is a taaaad hyper for 9 am, but I am adjusting. That girl is just to darn happy all the time.. maybe thats the reason I like her. She reminds me of my friend Michelle McGarity.

I dont care to much for Katie Couric on the evening news... I havent really weighed in on the change yet. I wanted to give her a chance.. heck yay for the gals I say, you know? But I cant take her seriously. I miss grandpa news. Old guys who know what they are talking about... well Im sure.. actually positive that Katie more than knows what she is talking about. But I want an old guy in a suit. I want a Papa to tell me about Iraq and plane crashes...a Grandaddy to be strong when bad things happen. Katie just doesnt hold the reassurance in her voice that I need when things are going wrong.

Charlie Gibson is still kinda fresh from Good Morning America but he is growing on me.I actually LOVED him on that show. I still prefer it to the other morning shows..but I miss the chemistry between Dianne Sawyer, Robin Roberts and Charlie Gibson. The today show was OK before, but I HATE Meridith Vierra... She is sarcstic and way way to liberal. I hated her on The View (Actually I hate the whole show...and they didnt make it any better for me by adding Rosie Odonnell... whom I LOVED on her talk show..but have found her less and less appealing as I grow older and more conservative.. Her being a lesbian having NOTHING to do with it. I just dont care to listen to people who feel obligated to spew thier convictions and condenm others for thiers all the time... liberal OR conservative. She can have hers.. I can have mine. We can keep them to ourselves and talk about shoes and handbags and recipes and have a great time.. Yeah, we can ALL be Rachel Ray and the world would be SOOO much better.

2 comments:

Brian Rhodes said...

Yeah, I use to like Rosie but she's become WAAAAYYYY too pushy. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Grey's Anatomy. You wouldn't happen to know when the Season Premiere of LOST is do you?

Brian Rhodes said...

This is simply UNACCEPTABLE!!! UPDATE ALREADY! You're my entertainment during the day. Before you say anything, yes, I know, I need to update too and I'm gonna attempt that tomorrow. Hope you're well. Holla at me!